Monday, March 17, 2014

Cerro Negro Benchmark - W6/CT-226


CT-226 is located off of a fire road.  It is under a half mile from the parking area to the activation point.  Just follow the fire road from the parking area to the antenna towers.


Here is a good view of the towers as you approach.  The benchmark is to the right of the trees in the photo.

  
Next to the benchmark is a bench you can sit on if you choose.  I attached my "Jacklite" to the tree (or was it a bush) on the left side of the photo and sloped my 20m End Fed antenna to the right.


Someone made a shrine of the benchmark.  Several locals walked past as I was on the peak.  I didn't want to be disrespectful, so I didn't take a photo of the marker.


I had minimal time for the activation, as I had to get ready for work.  I had eight contacts on 20m in a very short amount of time.  WN6E, N4EX, N4MJ, NA6MG, VE7KBN, N0EVH, NS7P, W0MNA. Thank you chasers!


No comments:

Post a Comment